Old November 8th 04, 05:48 PM
dgk

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 18:45:14 +0800, Michael J. Klein
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:40:48 GMT, maxo wrote:

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:28:46 -0400, dgk wrote:

Suggestions are now in order.

The best grip period is the Ritchey True Grip. Awesomely comfy, simple,
and durable. REI stocks them and you should easily find them online.

I've never had a failure with this method: clean bar, spray cheap
hairspray (aqua-net) on bar, slide on grip, wait for it to dry.

When I worked for a major treadmill manufacturer, the grip rentention
adhesive of choice was in fact, Aqua-Net. You are absolutley right
about cleaning the bar first. We used ordinary iso alcohol for this
purpose. Any oil or similar contaminants would cause the grip to not
adhere.
Michael J. Klein
Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings

Wow. Old thread revived. Aqua-Net probably should have worked but I
ended up putting on those bars, hmm, what are they called?, that make
the bike look like a bull. Or a two-point deer. Anyway, they sure hold
on the grips. Plus, I do use them to change grip once in a while,
which I think is helping the old tennis elbow.