Old August 17th 08, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]

Default Cyclist in accident drives off

Phil W Lee wrote:
Marc considered Sun, 17 Aug 2008
19:35:11 +0100 the perfect time to write:

Peter Grange wrote:
In my experience,
as I have said already, dogs are often not "Under Control".

No-one's commented on my comments about the picture in the article.
Does that look like someone who is showing consideration for other
users of the path?

I looks like a dog walker, ipso facto someone not "showing
consideration" for other members of society.

I wouldn't say that all dog walkers fall into this category, but in
the picture, the dog is one side of the path, the pushchair is the
other, and if there is a lead, it's blocking the path between them.
There is clearly no room for anyone else to use the path.
The dog should be either at close heel, or on the grass side, leaving
enough room for people to pass.

I see nothing in the article saying that the dog was on the lead at
the time of the incident, which I believe would have been mentioned if
it was the case.

Hmmmm, okay then. You're suggesting that the dog owner isn't using the
path with due consideration for other users? Actually, you might have a
valid point there! Oh hang on, though. Didn't all the cyclists in the
thread about using the road rather than the cyclepath say something like
"tough ****, we have a right to be there, and if you're inconvenienced
by that then I couldn't care less"? Hmmmmm, seems like what goes around,
comes around, huh? Looks like you cyclists will have to wait until the
walker clears the way then!