Old April 19th 19, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Today's moronist

TMS320 wrote:
As I was leaving my house (as a cycling cyclist) to go shopping
today, a person was in the road (carriageway) outside my house taking
pictures of my berberis hedge. Since a car was not nearby to suggest
he was some sort of ne'er do well, I thought nothing of it and went
on my way until a motorist came down the road.

The motorist stopped alongside the photographer to have words. This
made me turn back and although I couldn't hear what the motorist
said, I could hear the reply. The photographer replied with something
along the lines of "but you could see me standing there".

Anyway, after said moronist had slunk off I started a conversation
with this person about said moronist and then about what he had found
of interest at my house.

I always find it remarkable that a person or garden shed in the road
is some sort of problem to a motorist when a steel box abandoned in a
similar position is acceptable or tolerated. I wonder if the motorist
attitude is something to do with the bugs in the air conditioning
getting into the brain and taking over mental function? (Plenty of
anecdotal evidence on this newsgroup.) It's something that many vested
interests would desperately want to keep hushed up.

If nobody else has told you that you are a boring ****, allow me to be the
first.
You are a boring ****.