Old July 26th 05, 09:36 PM

Default what was sheldon doing in France?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Jim Flom wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...521/el_diablo1

and it wasn't even April 1st...

JF

Did read some very uncomplimentary things about LA from Le Equipe this
morning, ater Lance's departure. I was already sure I was never going
back to france, not doubly sure. Sounds like sout frog legs to
me...when waas the last true cycling star from France...2 DECADES!!

Ahh, Peter. Why trust the press, even the French Press, to give us the
real deal? Fignon was the last great French hope, did not quite make
it to Hinault like proportions, however. I think the French press was
hoping that Voeckler would improve this year and give them someone to
write about and a hope for the future. But he was not able to give
them something to cheer about, and last year's effort seems to have
been accidental rather than a spark of brilliance.

The French folks, on the other hand, remain warm and considerate and
will treat you kindly, on average, even if you are from the US. They
will not hold the deeds of Lance, George, or any other individual
against you. I rode through Aquitaine and the Midi and Haute Pyrenees
in May, nothing but good things to say for the French people. They are
even considerate on the road!

- rick