Old December 10th 03, 02:46 PM
Jym Dyer

Default Do bicycles and cars mix? (Sierra Club and Sprawl)

George Conklin on the Sierra Club:

It is all the same rap, Jym. It is just that the
anti-immigrant anti-growth movement was too open.

=v= You really have no clue what you're talking about. The
organizers of the Sierra Club's campaign against sprawl are
excellent people, one of whom I know personally. That means
nothing to you, of course, so I'll their work speak for itself:

http://www.sierraclub.org/sprawl/

=v= There has been a concerted effort by the anti-immigration
crowd to get the Club membership to support their goals. When
put on the ballot, the membership has voted it down. They made
an effort to climb onto the coattails of the popular campaign
against sprawl and were rebuffed there, too.
_Jym_