Old January 26th 12, 08:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default What’s the lure of mountain or off-road riding?

On Jan 25, 2:35*pm, Trevor wrote:
I'm not into any of that fancy stuff. I mostly just like riding
leisurely along the trail, enjoying nature - much like hiking.

- Trevor

On 1/8/2012 11:58 AM, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Hmmm. Doesn't sound all that exciting to me. They also forgot about
"irritating land managers and other trail users, killing wildlife,
wrecking trails, and lying to everyone".

Mike

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...0303/301080047...

Q: So what’s the lure of mountain or off-road riding?

A: Here are some thoughts from Foresta: “Most of the thrills of
mountain biking come from tight turns or switchbacks, drops, whoop-de-
doos (a series of up and down bumps), rolling over things like downed
trees, rocks, etc., and jumps. Also, riding fast on a single track
curvy trail is very exhilarating.”- Hide quoted text -