View Single Post
Old June 10th 20, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Climbing and Age

My ride yesterday I was trying to keep my speed down all the first 18 miles of the ride so that I didn't burn all of my energy off. When I got onto the climb that had seemed to work. I wasn't keeping close track of the Di2 gear I was in and I believe that most of the bottom 8 to 12% climb was done in a 25 cog instead of the 28 I was intending (saving the 32 for bailout).

I was using the Emonda and I started out with no trouble shifting but as I started getting tired I kept forgetting which switch pushed you in what direction. So using the Di2 will take a bit more time to get used to.

The manual DuraAce is VERY hard to get correctly setup so that it doesn't drag here or there. I'm still working on that. But it does shift so much better than Campy that I don't be returning.

I have the DuraAce Di2 that I intend to install on the Colnago and I have a whole lot more faith in the Colnago because it is made in Taiwan than had it been in Italy. Colnago's lugged construction is a failure waiting to occur. Maybe not often and not early, but eventually. However, Colnago is still selling an entire line of "road" bikes that are made in Taiwan.

While looking at saddles on eBay there was a saddle similar to my San Marino for next to nothing so I bought it new from China. When it got here I couldn't figure out what was in the package and opening it was surprised that it was the saddle. It weighs almost two ounces and that is ALL. It also has a total center cut-out and it is not an uncomfortable saddle. At least for the 37 miles I did yesterday. I did not find myself stretching my back all the time like I've been doing with the Prologo. Though I think that I bought the last one of that production series. I bought a set of titanium axles for the Keo pedals since they have red clips to match the Emonda but they don't feel particularly light and perhaps a better idea is to simply get another set of the Tour de France pedals which would save another 3 ounces.

So far I have had absolute morons trying to buy my stuff off of Craigslist and I suppose I will have to put them on eBay instead. I like the idea of not having to pack and ship and worry about good delivery. But I don't like some moron emailing me that he would offer 25% of the asking price.

I have three bikes to get rid of and all three of them are great bikes. The Redline Conquest (58 cm) with Di2, the Basso Loto (62 cm) with Campy 10 speed and that absolutely pristine Greg Lemond Zurich (XLarge - 58 cm) with oversize Reynolds 853 tubing that has steering so accurate that you could thread it through a needle. That has Campy 10 speed Record as well with totally rebuilt levers. Apparently people don't know what a good bike is.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home