Old September 8th 03, 01:04 PM
K&C Russell

Default Man on bike vs man on horse - which is faster?

"rickster" wrote in message
om...
David S. Maddison wrote in

message . ..
Consider a man on a bike in a competition against man on a horse. Who
do you think would win and under what circumstances. I am conisering
all types of horses, terrain and bikes. E.g. Mountain bikes over rough
ground on dirt tracks or a buitumen road with the horse running on
grass alongside.

David

A horse on a race track will do 1 km in just under a minute, standing

start
A cyclist on a velodrome will do it just on a minute, standing start

Now a horse on a bike could not be beaten over a 1 km. That I'd like to

see !!

Yes, but the longer the event the more easily a horse is out run by a man on
foot, let alone a bike. they do not have the endurance to compete.

Kevin