Old August 4th 05, 09:52 PM
Tom Reingold

Default Most Influential Person in my Cycling career/ was latex

wrote:

I'm up to 175 lbs (76 kg) and have a 30 inch (76 cm) inseam, and I
don't expect to apply as much torque on my cranks as Jobst is, so
I'll just be taking my chances. So far, so good.

Don't be so sure. I have recently seen crank failures on two bicycles
with 160lb riders. It is not torque that breaks the cranks.

Jobst Brandt

Oh, then what is it? You said side bending. Is that the weight you put
on it when it's at the bottom of the stroke?

--
Tom Reingold
Noo Joizy