Old July 23rd 05, 01:14 PM
NYC XYZ

Default How Do These Airborne Specs Look?

Gooserider wrote:

Aluminum can be SCARY light, and steel isn't 5-10 pounds heavier. Try 1-2
pounds.

So what's generally lighter, all other things (frame geometry, etc.)
being equal -- ti, carbon fiber, aluminum, or quality steel?

I'm sure you couldn't stand to lose 5 pounds off your body, right?

Hehehe...5'11" and 230 lbs. -- I was statistically overweight for my
age and height even at my best shape of 185 lbs.!

If you want to be comfortable, frame material is the least of your concern.

Well, part of comfort for me would be not carrying so many pounds,
whether portaging over stairs or climbing long New Jersey hills!

Tire size and frame geometry have far more to do with it.

Frame geometry affects weight??

That being said,
don't you wonder why so many touring bikes are STEEL? :-)

LOL -- didn't know they were!