Old July 23rd 05, 01:59 PM
NYC XYZ

Default How Do These Airborne Specs Look?

wrote:

There are no small charges at an lbs. They will want $30 for a stem
you can get for$10 online. LBS have crappy return policies. Order
saddles online then you can return them . Or get a Brooks B17 and be in
bliss. I wouldnt hesitate to buy a bike online.

I must say, many of the NYC LBSes don't seem to be too "caring"...maybe
they're tired of the same damned noobish concerns day after day. =)

It's true there are no small charges...fixing a flat is at least ten
bucks! (I do understand they've got more expenses, though.) The other
thing with LBSes is that you deal with "personalities"...it's not like
you go to McDonald's and just get your hamburger (LOL -- wait, hear me
out, don't flame me!), you go and the person wants to know why the hell
anyone would want pickles in their hamburger, why don't you try the
healthier chicken sandwich, whatever...I find it hard to talk to LBS
folks 'cause if they're knowledgeable about bikes it's like they're
running for the Presidency or something! =D

I mean, hell, if I want to annoy someone with my stupdity, I'll come to
usenet and do it.

But the Brooks B17?? Looks like any ol' saddle!

You mean the Serfas RX doesn't look comfy to you??