Old July 23rd 05, 02:12 PM
araby

Default How Do These Airborne Specs Look?

"NYC XYZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

Gooserider wrote:

Aluminum can be SCARY light, and steel isn't 5-10 pounds heavier. Try 1-2
pounds.

So what's generally lighter, all other things (frame geometry, etc.)
being equal -- ti, carbon fiber, aluminum, or quality steel?

I'm sure you couldn't stand to lose 5 pounds off your body, right?

Hehehe...5'11" and 230 lbs. -- I was statistically overweight for my
age and height even at my best shape of 185 lbs.!

If you want to be comfortable, frame material is the least of your
concern.

Well, part of comfort for me would be not carrying so many pounds,
whether portaging over stairs or climbing long New Jersey hills!

Are you serious?
An extra 5 pounds on a rider plus bike all up weight of 230+20lb bike
weight i.e.250lb is 5/250 =2%!!
Have you ever stopped to consider why these bikes are being offered at such
a massive discount. There aren't any free lunches.
Also if you aren't familiar with -as you put it "Shimano this and Bontrager
that", why are we having this discussion?. You really need to buy a copy of
Bike 101 and read it. I don't understand your comments caliper brakes.
Virtually all performance road bikes have them including ALL the TdeF
iders -same thing with drop bars
I'm not trying to be rude but are you on the level -or are you trying
(-successfully!)to wind us up?

Cheers

Roy