Old May 10th 21, 12:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
marika

Default Today's ride

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 1:21:44 PM UTC-5, Joy Beeson wrote:
Today I learned that unless it's actully below the freezing point, it
is *not* too early in the spring to start carrying ice.

First I bought a jar of refrigerated Kim Chee. Okay, there's a bottle
of chilled tea in my insulated pannier for thermal mass, the cajun
sesame sticks provide a little extra insulation, an it won't hurt kim
chee to get a little bit too warm for a short time.

Then I stopped at Penguin Point, and had to pass up the fried-chicken
lunch box because there was no way I could bring left-over chicken
home in a non-toxic condition.

I had chile cheese fries, which I can eat in one sitting.

And it was good.

There was a sour end to a perfect day. After stopping at umpty-bump
garage sales, I got to Lowe's and Walmart too tired to shop for a
raised flower bed, so I decided to look over the shoes, buy a can of
frozen orange juice to cool the kim chee, have a pretzel pizza for
supper, and go home.

I did find an acceptable pair of sandals: very thick, stiff soles,
velcro straps at the toes and heels so I can vary the number of pairs
of socks, instep strap to hold it firmly in place. It was size ten. A
*man*'s size ten, and I take a six in men's shoes.

After an hour spent inspecting every frozen food several times without
finding anything closer to fruit juice than strawberry daiquiri mix, I
decided to skip the pizza -- it was too late to linger, and I was too
grumpy to enjoy it -- fill my water bottle, and go home.

The water fountains were "closed until further notice".

I didn't notice until I'd committed myself to eating my emergency bar
standing up that I was across the street from Zimmer Biomet's picnic
tables.

lol

i do stuff like that all the time

mk5000

When you show interest in their worlds, they might be more open to hearing your opinions.
Share the edgy stuff from when you were growing up. Go on a trip down memory lane and let them listen to some of the stuff your parents didn't approve of. Music is often a product of its culture, and your music may give you some context for discussing their music and its role in their lives.--commonssense media dot org