Old January 5th 08, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

Default A new year's resolution for all of us

Martin Dann wrote:

wafflycat wrote:

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message

* I shall not contribute to any thread on uk.rec.cycling which is cross-
posted to any other group

I try not to cross-post anyhow, but occasionally have to slap my own
wrist

Cross posted threads are not by definition bad. Many can be good.
However some crossposted to e.g. uk.wreck.driving will nearly always
descend into a troll/flame war.

Once the idiots have been killfiled (I do this simply by killing the
subthreads in which they appeared), it swiftly becomes possible to find
those who are willing to engage in intelligent debate. It should be
borne in mind by a few more people on this group that 'holder of views
with which I disagree' does not equal 'troll'.

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire http://www.shrimper.org.uk