Old January 6th 08, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

Default A new year's resolution for all of us

wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Maybe some of the narrower-minded of the urc old-guard will follow
your diktat, but I've noticed how refreshingly open-minded some of the
newer contributors here are, so I doubt that they'll toe the line.

Another way of putting that might be "I've noticed that some of the
newer contributors haven't yet realised I'm a single-issue poster with
no interest in discussing any other aspect of cycling, and while I know
that sooner or later they'll put two and two together I hope the influx
will continue so that they in turn will be replaced by more easy targets
for my tedious hobbyhorsery".

My remark covers /all/ the points in the original diktat, you are,
apparently interested in just attacking me. Yet that remark is
obviously not about me - or is there a specific 'single issue' out of
the multitude of issues that I post about that you have difficulties
accepting the views of others on?

It's a shame that the web-based forums all have such comparatively sucky
user interfaces, because they really are where the actual discussion
happens these days.

"web-based forums" such as?

--
Matt B