Old May 3rd 05, 02:08 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Carla A-G wrote:
"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

It's in the state park, not the game lands. I think the area you are
talking about is where Deer Path I and II branch off from. Isn't that
just a fire road? I think Tamaqua SP is still another 6 or 7 miles from
there (http://tinyurl.com/73tw9). Since the town of JT is becoming
increasingly bitter towards MTBers, Tamaqua has begun to step up to the
plate. They may even host the JT MTB Weekend next year since it has
been canned from JT. There are not a lot of services around there,
though. The crappy thing is that all of this could have been prevented
if the MTBers had spent a little money in the town. Now the town has
been overrun by trendy cafes and boutique shops. Do you think the
people in those places want a bunch of dirt covered MTBers parading
around? Ok, no more rant.

Too bad this is Dave Bucher's last year of running the festival, he used to
organize a great show.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass

Well, maybe people can talk him into doing it at Tamaqua. Praise
someone long enough and they will succomb. I will not be able to go
this year, but if you get up there drop him hints that Tamaqua sure
would be a purdy place to hold a festival!

Either way, it's no reason not to organize your own gathering there.
There are still private campgrounds that don't charge much and allow
alchohol. We could even arrange an AMB-JT. I know some were interested
in having an MTBR gathering there as well.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws