Old January 7th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gonzo

Default Video: MUNI v1 - Northstar and Geared Muni

Corbin,

Sorry I did not reply earlier (still catching up after the Christmas
break...), but I really appreciate your detailed answer to my questions.

After reading your comments, my perception of the geared 24" is
starting to change: from previous postings (e.g. from Kris Holm), I was
under the impression that the 24" in geared mode was mostly useful to
get to a technical trail or to go from one technical portion to another
one - but not really rideable in (even semi-) technical offroad
conditions. To me, that made it a nice-to-have uni, not a must-have.
Now with your experience of having fun with it in high gear offroad, on
technical trails, it opens up the possibilities and makes it a much more
attractive option to me... (keeping in mind that my technical abilities
are nowhere near yours!). There are lots of semi-technical trails where
I live so I could make great use of a geared 24"!

Oh well, I won't be buying anything until April anyway - so I will keep
an eye on the various Guni-related threads and videos...

PS: as for the geared 36" option, I discarded it early on as I don't
think I would dare riding faster than I can run!!

Teddy

--
gonzo