Old October 18th 17, 10:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default California's Fires

On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 12:49:20 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:

And yet we have the worst fires on record in California, the worst hurricanes on record in the Gulf (in terms of frequency and severity), broken heat records in the PNW and elsewhere, new pest vectors, loss of fish runs, loss of animal habitat and a multitude of other problems caused by climate change. No legitimate climate scientist denies that the earth is warming. The fact that dire past predictions have been slow to materialize doesn't mean it isn't so.

I'm not going to get into the debate over whether global warming is man-made or to what extent it's man-made. I'll leave that to the PhDs because I don't think that surfing the internet makes me qualified to judge the science.

Firstly "the worst fires on record" is pure bull****. There were years when the great forests in Northern California were burned. There just weren't homes there and people losing everything.

"No legitimate climate scientist denies that the earth is warming." This demonstrates that lawyers are used to speaking drivel because that is what they do for a living.

How about Dr. Roy Spencer - the head of NASA's satellite temperature monitoring project?

http://www.drroyspencer.com/

"The linear temperature trend of the global average lower tropospheric temperature anomalies from January 1979 through September 2017 remains at +0.13 C/decade."

So are you speaking of the people that actually know or the people that are willing to lie about it to make research grants?

"It was the post war industrialization that caused the rapid rise in global CO2 emissions, but by 1945 when this began, the Earth was already in a cooling phase that continued until 1975. With 32 years of rapidly increasing global temperatures and only a minor increase in global CO2 emissions, followed by 33 years of slowly cooling global temperatures with rapid increases in global CO2 emissions, it was deceitful for the IPCC to make any claim that CO2 emissions were primarily responsible for observed 20th century global warming." (Norm Kalmanovitch) Norm is a 30 year practicing Geophysicist.

Or you can turn to a professional infrared astronomer whose JOB it is to understand absorption:

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...d-not-the-co2/