Old August 17th 05, 03:21 AM
cc

Default I guess that makes three things the guy's done right.

"JohnH" wrote in message

320 days of vacation as of that ride in his 5 years in office. Must
be nice.

Uh huh... get used to it. Have you noticed that GWB is popping up all
over the country while "on vacation", and continues to hold down a
pretty impressive agenda while "vacationing on the ranch"?

I was very "impressed" when his agenda included going to a NASCAR race.
Very fitting.

I would be very happy if he just took the whole rest of his term off, and
keep the hell away from a microphone!

Yeah, or five minutes to talk to a distressed mother of a soldier who died
in the unjust invasion of Iraq, who is camped outside of his ranch.

Axis of evil my ass. What a moron.

You mean Rumsfeld - Bush - Rove ? That axis ?

Well, at least W slapped congress in the face and ushered in John Bolton.
Now we won't have to worry about the rest of the world thinking we are the
sole drivers of world politics. There will be no question.

Bolton:

The point that I want to leave with you in this very brief presentation is
where I started is: there is no United Nations. There is an international
community that occasionally can be led by the only real power left in the
world, and that's the United States, when it suits our interest, and when we
can get others to go along, and I think it would be a real mistake to count
on the United Nations as if it's some disembodied entity out there that can
function on its own. When the United States leads, the United Nations will
follow. When it suits our interest to do so, we will lead. When it does not
suit our interest to do so, we will not, and I think that is the most
important thing to carry away tonight.

The League of Nations was a failure because the United States did not
participate. The United Nations would be a failure if the United States did
not participate and, in fact, I remember as vividly as though it were
yesterday, right after Iraq invaded Kuwait, Jim Baker said to me, we're
going to make this United Nations work, or we're going to find out whether
it is the League Nations or the UN. And that's the fact. And if you don't
like it, then I'm sorry. The United States makes the UN work when it wants
it to work, and that is exactly the way it should be, because the only
question, the only question for the United States is what is in our national
interest. And if you don't like that, I'm sorry, but that is the fact.

What a diplomat.