Old August 17th 05, 06:36 AM
Bill Sornson

Default I guess that makes three things the guy's done right.

cc wrote:
"JohnH" wrote in message

I would be very happy if he just took the whole rest of his term
off, and keep the hell away from a microphone!

Yeah, or five minutes to talk to a distressed mother of a soldier who
died in the unjust invasion of Iraq, who is camped outside of his
ranch.

You mean the mother he already met with over a year ago, and who praised him
afterwards? The one who USED to have a photo of the President kisssing her
on the cheek on her website? The one who now tells a completely different
account of all that, while posing for pics with impeachment and chickenhawk
signs all around her, and yet claims she just wants to meet with him? The
one who said:

"I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis," Cindy said
after their meeting. "I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss.
And I know he's a man of faith."

The meeting didn't last long, but in their time with Bush, Cindy spoke
about Casey and asked the president to make her son's sacrifice count for
something. They also spoke of their faith.

. . . .

The trip had one benefit that none of the Sheehans expected.

For a moment, life returned to the way it was before Casey died. They
laughed, joked and bickered playfully as they briefly toured Seattle.

For the first time in 11 weeks, they felt whole again.

"That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being
together," Cindy said.

?

http://www.thereporter.com/republished

The one who now says that America isn't worth fighting or dying for? (And
that's one of the less outrageous things she's said lately.)

I bet her son is spinning in his once-flag-draped coffin.