Old March 24th 14, 01:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Trent W. Buck

Default Southern cross drive accident

news13 writes:

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 10:13:36 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:

And because a bike/ped collision is safer for everyone than a bike/car
collision, and (situation dependent) less likely besides.

How many shared bicycle/ped paths have you ridden.
Ring a bell or sound a horns or hout to advise you're passing and
instant bike stand as they jump in front of you.

I commute on one (& clearly signed for that purpose).
The pedestrians on it invariably respond by instantly hugging the wall;
I suppose they've all had near misses in the past.

Footpaths along the shopping strips of main roads are another matter.