Old July 27th 14, 02:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle,uk.rec.cycling
News13

Default Taking the lane, roundabout version

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 07:07:33 -0300, Tremayne A Higby wrote:

On Fri, 23 May 2014 12:10:42 -0400, Frank Krygowski wrote:

More benefits of being visible, at lane center:

A paper from Australia notes that car-bike crashes in roundabouts seem
to occur mostly when cyclists stick to the edge and aren't noticed by
motorists. They recommend that any bike lanes end well before the
roundabout, and that cyclists ride in a very visible position, near the
center of the roundabout. (They're talking about single-lane
roundabouts, I'm sure.)

The abstract link came from a friend in Oz. Full disclosu I haven't
yet read the paper itself.

https://www.onlinepublications.austr...ems/AP-R461-14

In France, we bicycled (and drove) through many, many roundabouts
without problems. Only in Troyes did we see bike lanes painted in the
outer edge of roundabouts. Troyes also had many other hare-brained
"innovative" bike facilities. I'm sure the town was very proud of them.

I'm in different about bikers, but when I see one encroaching on the white line, I will encroach
right back. You're risking my life by being a road hazard. I don't take that lightly. You're not a
motor vehicle, so don't expect to be treated like one. You're road debris in the way.

100% stay out of the way because you don't own the road, nor do you pay any taxes on your cycle to
suggest you have a right to drive on the inside of the white line. You're not doing anyone a favor,
other than yourself, by riding your bike.

Don't expect me to feel that I have to recognize you as anything other than a self entitled ninny.

Pillock.