Old October 8th 16, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

Default Traffic laws apply to everyone

"W. Wesley Groleau" wrote in
:

On 10-08-2016 14:19, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Scenario: A tandem tour with my wife. We'd ridden roughly 50 miles
that day on a bike carrying too much stuff in its panniers. We were
heading up a hill in an unfamiliar city with not a car in sight, when
the light just ahead of us turned red. I snarled a quick expletive,
thinking about the difficulty of getting the tandem re-started on that
hill, then said "Heck with it; I'm going." No complaints at all from
the stoker as I rolled on through the empty intersection.

Understandable. I have succumbed to that temptation under a few
particularly onerous terrains, and when I was sure there were no
witnesses.

So it's not just me.
--
Andrew Chaplin