Old May 8th 14, 06:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

Edward Dolan wrote:

“As a biker on a trail, you are an interloper and a usurper. The trails were there for the use and enjoyment of hikers long before mountain bikes were ever invented. You need to get your own trails far removed from hiking trails. There can be no sharing of trails because it is a conflict of both means and purpose.”

I am amending the above with the following: Mountain bikers need NOT get their own trails other than at resorts. Resorts are already so messed up that a few mountain biking trails there for the idiots won‘t make any difference. Other than that, I do not want mountain bikers to have any trails at all. There are plenty of roads and streets for them. All a new set of trails would do is mess up the rest of the countryside still unspoiled. If single track trails are attractive to them, then they can get off their bikes and walk them like everybody else. Hells Bells, where did I ever get the notion that mountain bikers deserve their own trails. They don’t! Instead, they deserve to have their dumb asses kicked all the way to Hell!

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great