Old October 12th 18, 03:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default SIX thousand and FIVE hundred lumens !!!!!!!!!!

On 2018-10-10 09:19, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/10/2018 10:54 AM, Joerg wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgybEXkhvHQ

"At Exposure, we feel it's as important to use good
lights throughout the day, as well as at night."

... um, because we're trying to sell the things, of
course!

I don't use flash mode on my front lights though.

Then you disagree with the source you cited?

No. Those bright lights are visible enough in non-flash
mode.

Speaking of visible enough: My wife and I just returned from
a little ride. We rode out to the suburban branch of our
credit union to cash a check, then a bit beyond it into sort
of semi-rural roads. We returned by different roads. We were
on some quiet residential streets, some former farm roads
that are now short cuts to housing developments, a bit on an
arterial road or two with 50 mph traffic, etc. Quite a few
miles were on lanes that were obviously too narrow to share
(like 9 feet wide) so we rode at lane center.

As usual, we had no problems with any drivers. (Well, except
a couple who were clogging things up while they seemed to be
looking for entrances to some obscure businesses). And there
was absolutely no indication that anyone had any trouble
seeing us.

Apparently, we were visible enough. Our bikes both had dynamo
powered lights, but neither of us had them on.

Some people are not so lucky in the lane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGD5P_LHEHs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abqysSwOcIQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqbbiRxoWR4

You can find videos of almost anything on the web.

It's called facts. Two university mates of mine were rear-ended in
the lane. One lost a kidney, the other had a ruptured spleen. At
least in one case the driver stuck around, something that doesn't
appear popular anymore these days.

It's called anecdotes. You searched a world-wide source and found
three examples, each on a separate continent. You tell us about two
friends, but I file that in the same drawer as mountain lion attacks,
chain repair using rocks and found nails, and your many miraculous
escapes by your other super-wise equipment choices.

I lose respect for people who call me or others liars without any proof.
Therefore, EOD.

[...]

--
Regards, Joerg