Old July 25th 04, 03:58 AM
anonymous coward

Default Why no Ethnic Riders in Tour de France?

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:07:49 +1000, dannyfrankszzz wrote:

I was just wondering about this. How come there are no riders in the
Tour de France who are from a non-European ethnic background?

I thought that there were Japanese riders and some other Asian riders
who could make the cut.

Just wondering......

Wasn't there a Kenyan cycling team that got pulled over on the motorway
here a while ago - they were only doing 45mph which was considered
dangerously slow.

C4 was showing the Tour of Lang(a?)kawi a while ago, and there were many
Asian riders there.

AC