Old April 15th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default makeshift rim strip

On Apr 15, 1:04 pm, wrote:
On Apr 15, 10:15 am, landotter wrote:

On Apr 15, 9:38 am, Jerry wrote:

what to do if I'm out on my bike and the rim strip breaks?

I've read about using newspaper. Does that actually work (if I could find
any)? What about using the old tube somehow, how do you get it to stay in
place? (The thought just struck me of using the glue in the repair kit, to
make a strip cut from an old tube into a continuous band.)

You'll find that patch cement is pretty worthless for sticking tube
material to tube material, even if you scuff it. It's one of life's
mysteries. Just cut the elastic band out of your underwear and fix
that wheel like a man!

By God, your right! I just checked the size on the label in my Jockeys
and it said "700c".

Time to lay off the gu!