Old June 11th 18, 11:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Chain waxing

On 2018-06-10 22:55, Michael wrote:
On Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 4:05:28 AM UTC-5, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Hello,

For those interested in this, after my last inquiry about chain
lubing, I decided to wax my chain by immersing it in a hot mixture
of solid and liquid paraffin (with a ratio of 50% of paraffin
oil).

After about 600 km, including some significant rain,, must say it
works pretty well. My chain still runs smoothly, and is almost
perfectly clean. When needed, I can simply wipe it with some paper
towel. I do not know yet when I will have to wax it again, but it
seems to hold pretty well.

-- Tanguy

Using chain wax sounds great, but what about the old-fashioned
Boeshield T-9? It's supposed to be waterproof.

Interesting question. It costs more than Epic Ride but does anyone know
whether it lasts longer and by how much?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/