Old June 28th 07, 11:38 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Default For my own amusement

Gags wrote:
Too bad you don't live in Melbourne......it is $9.20 per day for a zone 1 +
2 rail ticket......bike would pay for itself in a couple of weeks. Even
better if I drive in.....it is about 18km or so each way which is probably 2
litres of petrol (about $5 all up) and it is $6 per day for on street
parking. How can anyone afford not to ride???

Heh! If I was counting "car costs" here it'd be 32km @ 6km/l @ $0.50/
l (LPG) = $2.66 for fuel, plus $5 for parking, plus $X for
aggravation. ;-)

All you have to do is replace the parts as they wear out with decent ones
and if you can manage to crack the frame and break the forks one day you
might end up with a nice ride........sorta like Grandpa's Axe.

Good luck and hope you are back on the bike soon.

I gave it a go this morning. My ride in took nearer to 50 minutes
than the usual 40, but I think most of that was down to the rider
rather than the machine. My knee is a little sore, but I reckon it'll
be OK.

Bike's going OK too. I'll give it a good checking over tomorrow, the
bearings and such should be pretty well bedded in after 40km or so.

BTH