Old August 14th 04, 04:46 AM
Dave Thompson

Default Serotta Legend Ti w/DuraAce triple?

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
Dave Thompson wrote:

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message

[snip]
I have Dura Ace triple, and I'm not sure I'd recommend it. Very poor
shifting between middle and inner chainrings. It especially gets hung
up shifting down from middle to inner. Also, there aren't enough trim
clicks with the triple, so you get a lot of chain rub.

Dave

That's not been my experience with either of my Serottas or mty Kirk,

all DA
triple equipped.

It is on my Odonata.

Is it a maintainance or adjustment issue, perhaps? My chain is
reasonably clean and well-lubed. Maybe I should bring it in for a
look-see...

Dave

It sounds like an adjustment issue, though the downshift from the middle to
the inner ring requires more pressure on the lever than the same shift on my
Ultegra equipped bikes. I have no chain rub except in extreme cross-chain
configurations, which I never purposefuly do. With the front der properly
adjusted, there's plenty of trim.

PS How is the Ottrott to ride?

Very, very nice!