Old January 15th 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
monocyclism

Default Buying that first 36er

monocyclism;1170932 wrote:
I was going to buy this 36er:

http://tinyurl.com/87rtxy

Are there alternatives that anyone would suggest?
I thought ISIS cranks would be best for perhaps upgrading later –
are they?
I learnt on 152mm cranks and thought they would be ok for my first 36er
– am I correct?
I expect to be riding on flat with some gradients – do I have to
assess crank length relevant to the expected gradients - and buy spare
ones?
I am not sure what the best pedals are but assume DX aluminium is good
with the steel pins – is this right?
I was getting the T7 handle and assume this would be better than just
settling for the seat handle alone – is this a big improvement?
Can anyone comment on the tyre profile – is the Nimbus Nightrider
tyre good?
Is there anything I have missed?

All feedback gratefully recieved

Thank's for your input - especially the cranks and the pedals. Took a
look at your photos as well. Brilliant!! Looks like you guys have a lot
of fun

--
monocyclism