Old August 19th 18, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Tubeless Tires

On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 7:28:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 3:52:42 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 2:41:38 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 5:39:51 PM UTC-7, wrote:
A couple of months ago I was struck by a car that decided four way stop intersections were not what they meant. I had come to a complete stop and allowed ALL of the traffic to pass and started across. I got 2/3eds of the way across and the woman who had been behind a pickup I let pass rolled the stop sign and accelerated directly into me. She was obviously distracted but the old bat might have been having her first clear shot at a bike for all I know.

In any case perhaps I should start from the beginning - back around 2008 I bought a new Time VX Elite carbon fiber bike. With the normal 120 psi 23 mm tires it was completely un-ridable. It was so stiff it would hammer your balls through your skull on the first bump. So it went up on the shelf. I removed the components and used them elsewhere and that frame just sat there. Anyway I decided to put it back together and since the latest fad is fat tires I put 28 mm Michelin Krylon Endurance on them. What an F-ING difference! With the fat tires it is one of the best rides I've ever had.

My Pinarello Stelvio was the one I was riding when I was hit and while the frame and fork came though OK every component on the bike was broken.