Old April 4th 05, 04:08 PM
SteveA

Default Lawyer regrets fatal hit-run (on cyclist)

Terry Collins Wrote:
flyingdutch wrote

"Mr McGee has acted in many highly publicised cases, including tha

bodies-in-barrels serial killer James Vlassakis and former magistrat
and convicted pedophile Peter Liddy.

cant say i really expect this @rsehole to have much common decency
given his professional achievements! cfsmtb, can i come around an

hel
furniture toss

Well, basically they are simply bodies for hire to put "your" case an
in this country a person is innocent until convicted. He may simpl
believe in this principle and be prepared to act for anyone charged i
upholding his beliefs. Such an action is th be applauded as it ensur
justice and fairness in this country

I am however not excusing his actions and personally hope that he get
done for murder, but think I have more chance of winning $36Mill in th
lottery.

I have no sympathy for a person who, through their own negligence o
lack of giving a rat's arse, gets ****ed, gets behind the wheel (of an
vehicle, 4WD or otherwise), kills an innocent person and doesn't eve
hang around to see whether his victim is dead or is alive and can b
helped. I hope he is punished in the criminal courts and then again i
the civil courts so that the family of the poor bugger who was kille
receives some monetary compensation (I know, a faint chance probably o
success)

However, the media, in its usual attempt to add 'colour' to what i
already a tragic story, has provided a character snap shot of th
lawyer by identifying two unsavoury characters he has acted for. Wha
an arsehole he must be. Maybe. Even probably. But the reality of th
legal profession is that some of the most decent people who are lawyer
provide legal representation to some of the scum of the earth. The
remain decent people.

If you were looking for lawyers who were highly ideallistic and no
*******s merely chasing the $, you would find many at the various stat
legal aid offices. You would also find that these same legal ai
lawyers provide legal representation to some of the worst possibl
people who have done some truly awful things

The only way to make a fair legal system is to ensure everyone can b
properly represented by a skilled advocate in court. That is wh
decent lawyers represent scum

So, in summary, Your Honour, give this miserable excuse the maximu
penalty for getting ****ed, getting behind the wheel, killing a
innocent person and not even hanging around to see whether his victi
was dead or alive, but don't get sucked in by the media to judging hi
by the people he has represented as a lawyer.

(And if you think I am defending him, read my first paragraph again

Steve

--
SteveA