Old April 28th 05, 10:14 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default Lawyer (only) fined for fatal hit-run

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, cfsmtb wrote:

snip
Giving a victim impact statement during sentencing submissions in the
court, Di Gilchrist told McGee: "You killed my husband."

"I do not hate you, I pity you," she said as she stood about a metre
away from McGee in the courtroom today.

"I wake up in the hope that this has all been a bad dream.

"I would give up all my tomorrows to have one more day with Ian."

McGee told his trial he had been drinking wine at a lunch hours before
the collision, but did not consider himself affected by alcohol.

"I do not hate you, I pity you." Well, she's a more forgiving soul than
me. Sure, I pity him, but I hate him too. I hope he tries to drink drive
again and drives himself off a cliff, destroying is 4wd, maiming himself
and hurting no one else.

Tam - angry, angry