Old November 4th 05, 03:19 PM

Default bigger lawyer lips on the way?

Hank Wirtz wrote:

Huh? Serving something that can cause THIRD degree burns from a drive-
through window isn't reckless?

Heh. I'm going to really frighten you, Hank. Pay attention:

I drink _tea_.

Yes! That horribly risky beverage that says, on the teabag wrapper, to
pour BOILING water into the cup! A full, rolling boil! And yes, I've
gotten tea at fast food joints!

Now, I'll admit I generally make and drink only one cup at a time, so
my riskiness has its limits. But I've heard of little old ladies and
little girls having entire _parties_ where they make POTS of the stuff!
What's worse, they actually pre-heat the pots with boiling water
(True! Look it up!) before they add fresh boiling water to make the
tea.

Why, each teapot is a veritable hot-water bomb! And these risk-takers
don't even have heat-proof frilly white dresses! The large, floppy
hats they wear provide almost no protection either.

Now, for me, there are limits. I'm not into the parties. I'm
definitely not going to wear the risky, frilly white dresses they use.
;-) And a full _pot_ of boiling, bubbling water is a little scary even
for me! But I stand up for their right to risk their own... um, laps.

Admittedly, I'm a little worried about calling attention to the thrills
of reckless tea drinking. There's bound to be some safety organization
that'll want to outlaw it. Or at least mandate asbestos aprons. But
meanwhile, we tea drinkers _revel_ in the risk. "Too hot for human
consumption?" HAH! If it's too hot, you're too old!

In fact, I think I'll go have a cup now!

- Frank Krygowski