Old November 5th 05, 09:05 PM
Llatikcuf

Default bigger lawyer lips on the way?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
That wouldn't satisfy my particular paranoia. My concern is the fastener
coming loose enough for the wheel to eject past the lawyer lips.

The beauty of through-axle to me is that it's fault-tolerant. i.e. the screws
can be *really* loose and it still stays in place.
--
PeteCresswell

Seems to me all quick release skewers should come with some kind of
locking mechanism that would prevent loosening after it was fastened.
Even if the skewer were tightened just a little it would not unscrew,
never getting loose enough to bypass the lawyer lips.

-Nate