Old April 1st 18, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Help With Choosing 700c Inner Tube

On 4/1/2018 10:31 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 7:59:56 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

snip

Either would work but if you can find a wider (700 35~45)
tube it would be better as it will not stretch as thinly to
fill your wider tire. At any rate be sure to find the cause
and correct the problem before fitting a new tube.

Thanks for the response.

At any rate be sure to find the cause and correct the problem before fitting a new tube.

Flat tube when pumped up was leaking out of a patch : ) I did not see any damage to the tire inside or out where the patch occurred and the rim appeared smooth.

The schrader/ presta fix I was referring to is here. Do you have any opinion? TIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76AQ8RFvCX4&t=127s

Both valves work; indulge your preference or superstition.
You can put small things like Presta valves into big holes
like Schrader rims but not the other way around without some
metalwork.

Unless you have some need or desire to change, replace with
whichever valve was original.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/