Old May 19th 17, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On 19/05/2017 09:25, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article , (James
Wilkinson Sword) wrote:

It's road tax, everybody calls it that.

I'm part of Everyone... and I don't call it Road Tax - I call it Vehicle
Excise Duty, because that's what it is called.

So you are incorrect.

Normal people call it road tax. Normal people (including non drivers)
will know what is meant by it, whereas you would get many blank faces
when calling it Vehicle Excise Duty or VED (which does sound like a
nasty disease)

Try a google for it and you will see that the .gov.uk site is first in
the list, why is that?