Old May 19th 17, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default "How Low-Income Cyclists Go Unnoticed"

On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 12:09:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 5:51:45 PM UTC-5, sms wrote:

http://www.bicycling.com/culture/advocacy/how-low-income-cyclists-go-unnoticed

In Silicon Valley we have the well-off tech professionals that ride
their nice commute bikes to work. We have the day workers riding their
Walmart bikes. We have the middle school and high school students riding
to and from school. We have the Chinese grandparents, that live with
their kids and don't drive, riding to the store or riding to the schools
to pick up their grandchildren.

"We have the middle school and high school students riding to and from school."

I'd argue strongly with this one. Your other statements may be correct. But not this one in my part of the country. Or anywhere else except maybe, maybe Silicon Valley. Not even LA or San Diego where the weather is even better than San Fran. Maybe Mr. Muzi can weigh in. He lives in Madison, WI. Not too far from my house. I doubt he sees many junior high or senior high kids riding bikes to school when he is riding to work each day. The weather is OK in May and September in Wisconsin, so that is not a factor. The other months may have unrideable weather in Madison.

I ride past many many schools. I have only VERY rarely seen so much as one bicycle there.