Old March 10th 17, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Bicycle Light Theft & Bicycle Parking Infrastructure

On 3/10/2017 9:54 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

snip

I recall reading an autobiography of Richard Feynman. He had the same
hobby, and used it to demonstrate how insecure was the storage of some
confidential or classified government information.

That was in Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman. But he never actually
picked a lock. He guessed at combinations, he found combinations of file
cabinets that were left open where it was easy to read the combination.

Here is the book:
http://buffman.net/ebooks/Richard_P_Feynman-Surely_Youre_Joking_Mr_Feynman_v5.pdf.
Page 86, "Safecracker Meets Safecracker."

But my favorite essay from that book is the one where he is serving on
the body that chooses textbooks for California public schools (page 189).