Old August 14th 12, 03:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

Default Headlight

Jay wrote:
On Aug 13, 8:17Â*pm, "Tom $herman (-_-)" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
Literally - will be mounted to one of these:
http://www.pocsports.com/en/product/1391/trabec-race-mips.

What do people like these days (as it seems there is something new every
month)?

Seriously -- an ATB helmet from POC? I thought you were a no-helmet
guy. SMS will have a recommendation for a DX headlamp or some other
$75 wonder light. Or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MagicShine-M...ht_4359wt_1271
1000 lumens Li-ion and under $100. Speaking of SMS, it looks like he
is going to Interbike, where there will be a bunch of lighting
exhibitors. Maybe he can report on the latest technology.
-- Jay Beattie.
PS -- my son has a couple POCs for skiing (his racing and free ski
helmet), but some of the retailers on the mountain are not too
complimentary about the brand in terms of durability. We have had no
problems.

There are now clones of the Magicshine. Ebay has several. They use the latest and greatest Cree power LEDs. Around $35, with battery pack, charger, head and bar mounts. You can also get fresnel beam spreaders for them on Ebay for $5. Vastly improve the beam for bikes. I've been using 2 all summer.

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk