Old January 17th 04, 06:00 PM
Steve Knight

Default The Bikesmith, Seattle, shutting down

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:32:37 -0500, "tcmedara"

All true. And that's why I think there will always be a need for local bike
shops. But if they can't do it competitively, then I shouldn't be expected
to subsidize them. That's economically unsustainable.

people are cheap. we can see that in the lower quality products that flood the
market. service is expensive and people don't like paying for it till they need
it. things have changed pretty dramatically. the internet is far cheaper to run
a business from then a local place that has real people that provide real help.
by the time people figure out that they may actually want a higher price if
they get the service it is too late.
all of the small mom and pop hardware stores home depot and other borgs drove
out of business. now how many complaints do you see of lack of good help and
poor service? now those people want those stores back but it is too late.
people don't always use their brains and buy the cheapest then they regret it
but the damage is done.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes