Old February 8th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Jens Müller[_2_]

Default Oregon vs California law graphic

Eric Vey schrieb:
A neighboring city I ride in a lot put in miles of these bike lanes next
to parallel parking. Did anyone from the League of American Bicyclists
see this and say, "We appreciate your effort, but you ought not to do
that. " Nope, they gave them an AWARD! And what does this august group
of experts say on their website?

# Bike lanes
* You do not have to ride within a bike lane if you are avoiding a
hazard
* Cars must not drive in bike lanes but bikes may leave bike lanes
at any time
* Regardless of bike lane position, never ride within three feet of
any parked car

They say this with a straight face, KNOWING that A. Motorists don't seem
to understand when to move over into the lane to make a right turn and
B. they are giving out awards to cities that create dangerous conditions
so that they can get that award.

There really is only one way to describe that behavior: irresponsible.

Sounds just like the German Cyclist Association (ADFC) ...