Old July 5th 12, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Wes Groleau

Default Please don't help so much

On 07-04-2012 14:20, Phil W Lee wrote:
You do not have to present any evidence to them that incriminates
yourself, but it is another positive aspect of recording rides that it

At least not in USA. But I didn't claim you do. I merely pointed out
that the video they posted in their justified indignation DID
incriminate the victim to a small extent.

does encourage better riding. If a rider does something stupid in the
moments before a driver does (even if the two incidents are completely
unrelated), it makes it more difficult to use the video as evidence.

Well, it may be that they edited out their poor behavior in the copy
they showed the police. But since thy displayed it to the whole world,
I sort of doubt it.

Doesn't mitigate what the driver did in the least, though. Running stop
signs, and going straight in a turn lane without even looking did not in
any way contribute to the collision that happened a couple of minutes later.

(Well, I suppose that driver might have insanely thought he was teaching
them a lesson, but I doubt it.)

--
Wes Groleau

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, and cut with an axe.