Old September 11th 05, 06:03 AM

Default Northwest Bike Paths?

Catzwisker wrote:

"Bill Patterson" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi All,

Dian and I are planning a trip through the Northwest and would love to do
some tandem riding on nice flat bike paths. Your suggestions are welcome.
We will be in Eugene and Portland Oregon and Seattle Washington. We will
then loop across to Battle Mountain Nevada for the big race.

It wouldn't hurt to visit with some recumbent friends along he way. It's
always fun to tell some lies. ha ha

Notice that the spammers have forced me to add REMOVE to my email above.
So replies should be done without the remove.

Bill and Dian
--

Reply to

While in Eugene/Springfield you can cruise all around town via our wonderful
bicycle paths which connect the two cities. Lots of nice low traffic streets
too, so don't be too afraid to get off the path and explore a little. Here
is a link for the paths around Eugene.
http://www.eugene-or.gov/portal/serv.../EugeneMap.PDF

And here is a link for the paths around Springfield.
http://www.ci.springfield.or.us/Pubw...ngfieldMap.pdf

Some like to travel up the Mckenzie Highway Hwy126, but the traffic is quite
heavy and it is a little too scarry for me. Local mass transit buses will
also let you load your bike on front of the bus, so that is another way of
getting around when road may not be suitable for bicycles, or length of ride
is too long.

The local mass transit buss can handle a tandem bike?

--

-TTFN

-Steven