Old September 12th 05, 12:48 PM
Edward Dolan

Default Northwest Bike Paths?

"Slugger" wrote in message
In article

[...]

Consider going over the 49th to Vancouver Island. Victoria has some
nice trails for riding. The Galloping Goose Trail goes out past Sooke
to a bonified ghost town. The Lochside Trail which connects to the
Goose will take you out to the ferry to Vancouver on the mainland.
Vancouver is beautiful but not quite as peaceful as the island.
Depending on when you go you see the salmon spawn at Goldstream Park.
If you've never seen such a sight, well lets just say its not to be
missed. There are two ferries you can take to get here. One is from
Seattle (Victoria/Seattle Clipper - catamaran boat) The other is the
Coho from Pt. Angeles, This is a car ferry and a longer ride than the
clipper.

Be sure to take plenty of money if you are contemplating those ferry rides.
They mean to get rich off of you. Some states will provided free ferries for
crossing minor bodies of water, but not Washington.

I spent over a month in Seattle a few years ago and did not see a single
cyclist in downtown Seattle all the time I was there. Apparently, all the
cyclists were on the bike trails. I did see some cyclists at the University
of Washington, but they were mainly on the bike trail. I do not know where
Seattle gets its reputation as a great town for cycling. I suspect Vancouver
and Victoria are much like Seattle.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka