Old November 26th 17, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Changing Seasons

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 14:29:06 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

We know you do a lot of stitching. I rarely do any, but I'm proud to say
I've made two of my own handlebar bags.

The problem solved itself: the last time I suited up for a ride, I
noticed that there wasn't a paper napkin in my left rear windbreaker
pocket, and I didn't want to reduce the number of Subway napkins in my
left front jersey pocket (why does Subway think you need ten napkins
to eat a sandwich? (not that I *mind*!)), so I went back into the
kitchen thinking I'd take a lightly-used napkin off the table, but
we'd had cold cereal for breakfast and there weren't any, so I took
two more steps and grabbed a paper towel.

And not too far down the road, I discovered that it was stiff enough
that I could find it with my mittens on. So I bought a roll of towels
at my first stop.

I'm still plotting to make a saddlebag, though. Been thinking about
that for years. Those I find in the stores are either huge or tiny.

I wonder whether I used up all the Cordura? (And I'm also wondering
when and why I bought Cordura.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net