Old October 12th 17, 03:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Disc brakes, adaptors to increase rotor diameter

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 2:36:03 PM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:
The adapters to increase rotor size in a post-post situation (which I
have front and back) look like this:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/oK8AAO...Au/s-l1600.jpg

My MTB has a factory one from 160 to 180mm up front but I am considering
203mm. That would make the thing even more extreme, like this where the
screws would look more cattywompus or out of line than they already do:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/w4MAA...bTa/s-l500.jpg

Why are the spacings so different on both sides while for 160mm their
are not?

Your first adapter is the normal one used on all rear brakes for cross bikes as far as I know. Putting larger disks on road bikes is sort of counter-productive since the problem with them already is excessive power.