Old December 5th 17, 05:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default BBB-41 Powerlock Bicycle Lock

On Mon, 04 Dec 2017 19:13:04 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 12/4/2017 6:48 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 04 Dec 2017 15:31:49 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 12/4/2017 3:10 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
sms wrote:

I was comparing a lock with the same diameter
cable, name brand, this one with 5 keys
instead of 3 keys.

5 keys? You US people sure loose a lot of
keys But yes, it seems like
a fair comparison.

It would seem the BBB-41 is the unique
identifier used internally as well when they
refer to the product.

How much do you pay for a 12 mm wire bike lock
at AMuzi's, if it isn't a secret?

It's just a retail $19.95 lock. 2-meter cable lock x 12mm is
a commodity.

Goodness! Do these locks have an actual 1/2" steel cable?
(I had always taken that claim as advertising :-)

technically 0.47 inches
http://www.onguardlock.com/store/doberman-8031
(the 10mm model sells better)

Out of curiosity (I'm too cheap to buy one :-) is that a 12mm steel
cable? Or 12mm over the steel cable and the plastic casing?

but then again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ8FZnMYkyY
solid hardened steel U-lock, 9 seconds.

I use a 4 inch angle grinder a great deal in metal working and that
guy doesn't seem to be working very hard. Using a 1mm cut-off wheel
that U lock should be cut even quicker.

actual security cam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dz0Za5-wOM

But every time I see bicycle locks I remember a time I parked in front
of a hardware store on a main street in Phuket, Thailand and
inadvertently locked my keys in the pickup. I'm sort of peering in the
window trying to figure out what to do and a well dressed Thai guy
comes walking by. "What's the matter? Lock your keys in the car?" I
tell him yes and he tells me to wait a minute, runs into the hardware
shop, borrows a 18" flat steel ruler and comes back and pops the lock.
I thank the guy profusely and we both go on about our business. With
me speculating on how the Thai Guy got so skillful :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.