Old December 17th 17, 09:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On 16/12/17 21:58, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 12:06:53 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
I would expect to see something lit up in the distance beyond the
columns. Nope. The light stops dead in it tracks after passing the
columns.

Original photo:
https://www.bumm.de/files/Produkte/80%20Lux%20-%20Ausleuchtung%20IQ-Premium.jpg
I was wrong. There really is some detail in the dark areas beyond the
columns. I did some contrast and gamma tweaking with Irfanview, which
brought out some detail:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/bicycles/Cygo-Premium/80%20Lux%20-%20Ausleuchtung%20IQ-Premium%20-%20contrast-adjusted.jpg
So, it might be real, where the Photoshop job removed all the expected
floor debris, ceiling hangers, and column fasteners which I would
expect in such an underground garage. Or, the background might have
been borrowed from a Poser or DAZ 3D libraries. I'm sure the photo
was edited, but I don't know to what degree.

Would you buy a headlight from a company that fakes their demo/test
photos?

Joining in subjectively, the garage looks photo-shopped. However, the
beam pattern is exactly like my CYO. I angle it down a fraction more
than in that picture, cutoff hits the ground ~20-30 metres from the
bike, making that dip between near and far more pronounced, but that it
what it looks like on unlit asphalt.

Look at the bleed left and right, that's what I don't see the need for!